(L-R) Barnett Bank,
Atlantic Bank Annex,
D-9 ATLANTIC NATIONAL BANK ANNEX
118 WEST ADAMS STREET
ARCHITECTS: Marsh & Saxelbye
BUILDER: George A. Fuller Co. - New York
This building was erected in 1925-1926
to serve as an annex to the 1909 Atlantic National Bank Building which
stands behind it on Forsyth Street. Although the two buildings
were designed by different architectural firms, their facades are
strikingly similar (see D-58). The
ten-story Annex Building was erected at an estimated cost of $400,000
and features white glazed terra-cotta highlighted by decorative
cartouches, a dentilled cornice, and a balustrade. The lower
facade has been greatly altered.
of this work may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with
credit to Jacksonville's Architectural Heritage by Wayne W.
Rights Reserved, Wayne W. Wood and Ó
University Presses of Florida.